Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Needfull Things

Well, a major update. Week before last I dropped about $250 on an off-camera flash setup. Included were, a PC cord, Vivitar Manual flash, flash tripod with a shoe adapter and an umbrella. I've been clicking off shots at a pretty good rate. I tell ya what, a good flash is worth its weight in gold! Its an amazing investment for such a small amount of money. I will post a link later to a lighting blog and to a shop that is assembling "kits" for the hobyist on a tight budget.

Links: http://strobist.blogspot.com/
http://www.mpex.com/page.htm?PG=Strobist%20Kits

Last week e also got a new puppy! Its sort of a sad story. My brother's female had puppies and shortly after giving birth, she got out into the street and was struck by a car, paralyzing her. Lots of drama insued but everything has worked out so far. Eric is building her a wheel chair so she can get around better. He also said she is putting on weight. He had some issues with the local animal control, they wanted to put her down. He was really pissed about that and we were all afraid the pups would die.

The pup is a mix breed. The sire's grandfather or great grandfather was American Bulldog, the rest of her is all American Pit Bull Terrier. This is the third Pit Bull I've owned. I love these dogs. Great breed, great temperament. Funny thing is, we've yet to name her.

Here are some shots of my boys with the new pup in a Christmas setting. After Christmas is only a week or so away! I used my 30d of course and my 50mm f1.8. I used Photoshop to crop, auto sharpen and to resize the image to something better.


"Scrappy"
f2.8 ISO 400 1/160

"Merry Mason"
f4.5 1/125 ISO640

"Cuteness"
f4.5 1/125 ISO640

"co·me·di·enne"
f4.5 1/125 ISO640


"per·sis·tent"
f4.5 1/125 ISO640

No comments: